Carr Mill is a very popular school with very high academic standards. There are 321 children on roll as at September 2019.
Admissions will be made according to St. Helens’ Admissions Policy. A copy of the policy and the admissions form can be obtained from the school office, or alternatively click on the link below.
Parents are always welcome to visit school, to look around and to ask questions about the way we do things here. In our security conscious world it is better to telephone first to make an appointment in order that the Head Teacher or another member of staff may make themselves available to guide you around school.
Nursery Places 2020/2021
- If your child will be 3 years old between 1st September 2019 and 31st August 2020 you can apply for a nursery place for September 2020.
- If your child will be 3 years old between 1st September 2020 and 31st December 2020 you can apply for a nursery place for January 2021.
- If your child will be 3 years old between 1st January 2020 and 31st March 2020 you can apply for a nursery place for April 2021.
Primary School Places
If your child will be 4 years old between 1st September 2019 and 31st August 2020 you can apply on-line for a primary school place for September 2020. You can list any primary school in St Helens. If you wish to apply for a primary school outside St Helens, you should contact the relevant Local Authority and ask for information about their application procedure.
Why should I apply on-line?
Some of the benefits of applying online are:
- it’s quick and easy to use
- you can apply from home 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- there is no risk of your application being lost in the post
- you can change your preference up to midnight on the published closing date
- you will receive an email confirmation that your application has been received
- the offer of a school place will be sent via email so you do not have to wait for the post
In Year Transfers
Applications for a place in Reception after the waiting list has closed, or Years 1 to 6, should be made on the Local Authority’s in year common application form (follow the link at the top of this page). The application will then be processed in accordance with St Helens in year co-ordinated admission scheme.
Parents will normally receive a written response to their application within ten school days.
The admission arrangements for Carr Mill Primary School are in accordance with the School Admissions Code, the School Appeals Code, other laws relating to admissions, and relevant human rights and equalities legislation. It follows, therefore, that they do not discriminate against or disadvantage disabled children or those with special educational needs.
A fully copy of our ‘Admission Arrangements’ can be found in the Policies section of the school website.