At Carr Mill Primary School, we know that it is vital that our children attend school regularly and punctually to achieve best life outcomes. We want our children to become the best versions of themselves; academically, socially and morally as they grow into the next generation of our community. Good school attendance is the foundation to this.
‘Attendance is EVERYBODY’S responsibility’
#teamcarrmill are STRONGER when we work TOGETHER, therefore it is the responsibility of all members of our school community to maintain and monitor good school attendance.
Our attendance expectations are very simple:
We expect all our children to achieve at least a 96% attendance percentage each year. However, we know that there can sometimes be exceptional reasons why children cannot attend school, such as illness.
At Carr Mill Primary School, we will listen, understand, empathise and provide support when children are unable to attend school – however we will not tolerate poor attendance and will always be proactive in helping our families to improve this, enable children to return to the classroom as soon as possible.
Rewarding Excellent Attendance
At Carr Mill Primary School will strive to make pupils feel welcome and valued and will encourage good attendance with praise, incentives, and rewards through:
- A weekly class prize of an additional KABs session for the EYFS/KS1 & KS2 class with the greatest attendance (if their total if over our school 96% target)
- Individual house points awarded on a weekly basis for every child achieving 100% attendance via our new 'In to Win' competition.
- Weekly celebration text messages for children achieving 100% attendance
- End of term certificates for children who have maintained a 100% attendance score.
- End of year prizes for children who have maintained a 100% attendance score.
- 15-day attendance competitions and attendance 'spot prizes'.
Attendance Policy on a Page
Here is our shortened version of our attendance policy which overviews our key expectations. This is distributed to familes annually and the beginning of each academic year. To read our full Attendance Policy, please see the link at the bottom of this page.